Monday, December 24, 2012

Temple Square

Bundled up, ready for Temple square!...Do we look warm enough?!

The whole fam....


The Christmas tree in the Joseph Smith Memorial Building

Hot chocolate....

Cookies and hot chocolate= Happy 2 yr old!!!

I couldn't remember the last time Ive been up to Temple Square, for the beautiful Christmas lights! We always go to the Mesa Temple after, Thanksgiving (warmer weather,no snow etc..) It was about time to take the children up for the Temple Square experience! Isn't it funny how something as simple as loading the children up in the car turns out to be headache?!Let me explain, I got all the kids loaded up in the car. When I say "loaded" up I mean each child had their warmest clothes for walking around Temple Square meaning; gloves,jackets ,beanies, and of coarse snacks! Not long after we were headed to to the freeway, my Expedition broke down. I forget to mention it was snowing outside and it was  really cold! We recently had the fuel pump replaced,but obviously it wasn't fixed right...ugh!!!!! Fortunately, I was able to get the vehicle home by stopping and starting the dang thing several times over. Probably not the best strategy, but it worked! Once we got the Expedition loaded in the garage, I had to unload the car seats to Tyler's truck, pack the kids back up, get all the snow gear. Can you say FRUSTRATED!!! I forgot to also mention we had to pick Tyler up in Lindon, so it wasn't an option to just stay put! Otherwise, I would have considered that option! As I was running around the truck with the car seats, I totally slipped and fell. It took my breath away and I'm not going to lie...it hurt! I laid there for a minute, dusted off my snow covered body, felt sorry for myself and loaded all the kids in the truck! We picked Tyler up and everyone (who is 9 and younger) wanted In-n-Out Burger for dinner.

 Temple Square was beautiful. It just finished snowing and everything looked majestic! We all got hot chocolate and cookies and took turns chasing after Hudson! It was a fun family activity and Im glad we went. I can due without the cold and the snow. But I have to admit,it makes Christmas.....feel like Christmas!

No comments: